Apr 21, 2010

Chicken Soup for the Soul

One of my favorite blogs to visit is Critter Alley. I’ve been visiting Critter Alley since well before the 2009 holidays. Around the time I discovered it, the blog’s owner, Pat, had briefly mentioned something about writing a story that had been accepted for publication in an upcoming Chicken Soup for the Soul book. This particular Chicken Soup book would be called What I Learned from the Dog, 101 Stories about Life, Love, and Lessons. I made a mental note of this fact but never heard anything more about it. My mental memory was jogged a couple of weeks ago when I visited Amazon.com and where, to my surprise, I discovered the book had been released in late 2009 and was most definitely available! I ordered a used but "like new" copy right away that arrived this past Monday.

I thumbed through the beginning contents and found a section called Learning to Overcome Adversity. Halfway through that section a name caught my eye: Pat Wahler, as in Pat Wahler of Critter Alley fame. Her story is called "Canine Angel," and I have to say it's a truly wonderful, sweet story that really makes you feel good after reading. I'm a bit busy with schoolwork at the moment, but if the rest of the stories are even half as good as Pat's, this book's going to be a really fantastic read! This is my first-ever Chicken Soup book. It's a five-star recommendation with Amazon reviewers and contains 101 individual stories!

And if you're not familiar with Critter Alley, be sure to head over to Pat's blog (link above in my first sentence) and check it out. She writes wonderful posts about her dog and cat, Indy and Bogey respectively, which are always a delight to read. She also writes heartfelt posts about issues affecting animals and on topics of interest to pet owners and those who care about animals.

3 comments:

Pat Wahler said...

Awww! Thanks so much! Chicken Soup anthologies are so wonderful...full of stories by everyday people.

One of my writer friends has sold over ten stories to various Chicken Soup anthologies...how impressive is that!

Unknown said...

I've read the book. It is a very beautiful and touching book with all wonderful stories about dogs. You should get it :)

Bandit's Pack said...

Pat: I bet you'll be selling more to them! Any in the works?