Jan 3, 2010

Back to Real Life Tomorrow

Our home is now barren of Christmas decor.  K brought in the boxes from the garage this morning, so this afternoon I gathered up all our festive things, carefully wrapped them, and strategically placed them inside the boxes for safekeeping another year.  All the while, I worked with Bandit on his down and stay commands.  I would tell him to lie down and stay while I went upstairs to gather things to bring downstairs.  If he managed to still be on the floor when I got back downstairs, he seemed quite proud of himself, particularly since I was extremely pleased and he got a little snack reward.  A couple of times he'd get up into a sitting position and inch in my direction so I'd have to start over with getting him into the down position.  Overall, I'm really proud of his obedience skills, particularly since we haven't been in a formal class since late September.

Tonight will be Bandit's and my last watching of a "chick flick" for a while.  Not only does tomorrow start another work week, but my winter-quarter classes begin tomorrow as well.  14 credits, yikes!  I've been a part-time student for the last three and a half years.  I've been able to study as well as work part-time, take care of the family, and train and raise a puppy from the age of almost nine weeks.  But 14 credits is very much full-time student status and definitely more than I'm used to.  I'm a little nervous about being able to do it all, but knowing that my graduation is right around the corner this coming June makes the nerves a little more bearable.

For our last chick flick of the season we've saved the best for last.  We're going to watch the DVD of Julie & Julia that I received as a present from K for Christmas.  Hopefully, Bandit will like it better than he did last night's viewing of 500 Days of Summer.  He didn't stick around with me too much for that one, though I thought it was a great movie.  Meryl Streep seems to have the magic touch lately; we'll see if Bandit's so enamored.

5 comments:

Shopgirl said...

Have a wonderful school year and I hope the movie was good. Give Bandit a little love from Mary and the gang!

Life With Dogs said...

500 days was good - a bit slow for me, but still a surprise. Have not seem J&J yet, will be interested to hear your opinion...

Pat Wahler said...

Yes, reality sets in today. Good luck with your final semester, and know that you CAN and WILL do it!

Bandit's Pack said...

K9friend: Thank you for the encouragement!!
Life With Dogs: I love Julie & Julia! I saw it originally in the theater so this was my second time seeing it. I highly recommend it!
Shopgirl: Bandit gives loves back to LB and Mattie Ann!

An English Shepherd said...

Marlie and me is the only film I understand ;-)

Wizz